Post Reply  Post Thread 
Periodic Request for enlightenment
Author MessagePeriodic Request for enlightenment
Fingol
Unregistered

Periodic Request for enlightenmentFingol 02-15-2007

Hey gents, as some of you may know, I know next to nothing about the tusked stunties. As a remedy for my ignorance, I'd like to request some answers to periodic questions. The first one is; how does Dawi Zahr magic work? I want every detail you can think ofHappy

02-15-2007 11:05 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 504
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentXander 02-16-2007

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out!
https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com
02-16-2007 01:18 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Flying Beaver
Bull Centaur Hero

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentThe Flying Beaver 02-16-2007

When the Dawi'Zharr gave their loyalty to Hashut, he granted some with sorcerous powers. The unfortunate part of it is that dwarf bodies are resistant to magic, and all that chaos energy flowing through them has a bad effect. Over a very long time, Chaos Dwarf Sorcerors turn to stone, going from the legs up. Once they are fully stone, their statue is put on the road to Zharr-Naggrund.

Stick 'em wiv knives. Stick 'em wiv arrows. Stick 'em wiv swords and spears. Stick 'em where it 'urts. But most importantly, stick 'em when they's not looking!
-Gorduz Backstabber, Hobgoblin Khan

My Chaos Dwarf Win Record:
W/L/D
41/23/12
02-16-2007 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentHashut's Blessing 02-16-2007

In game terms, the stone has no effect and they can use the lores of fire, metal, shadow and death (IIRC).

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

02-16-2007 09:33 AM
Lord Zarkov
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 0

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentLord Zarkov 02-16-2007

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
In game terms, the stone has no effect and they can use the lores of fire, metal, shadow and death (IIRC).

well, 'cept for the I1 S-L
It's a pretty cool quirk background wise
and I gave rise to Astragoth's class frame

"Never assume; you make an ass out of u and me"
Newspeak is doubleplusungoodest!
'frater magnus te videt' (ille factus, MMDCCXXXVII)
02-16-2007 06:46 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentHashut's Blessing 02-16-2007

Yes, but that I1 could also be attributed to the fact that he is a Dwarf and not trained for combat, but for spellcasting. Point is still conceded however.

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

02-16-2007 08:55 PM
Fingol
Unregistered

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentFingol 02-16-2007

Quote:
Over a very long time, Chaos Dwarf Sorcerors turn to stone, going from the legs up. Once they are fully stone, their statue is put on the road to Zharr-Naggrund.

Ah, so I'm guessing that they live just as long as normal Dawi, if not longer.

So where exactly do they live? That one's not on the wiki pageTongue

02-16-2007 11:27 PM
Hobgoblyn
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 4

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentHobgoblyn 02-17-2007

Umm... The sorcerers probably have a greatly reduced lifespan compared to normal Dawi...
Well, unless you count their time as a statue as 'living' since I think their soul is still trapped inside of it.

But then again, they probably do still live about 50 years.

02-17-2007 01:53 AM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentHashut's Blessing 02-17-2007

They live for less time than a normal Dawi Zharr would due to the stone effect. I don't know how much less time. I would guess that they have like dormitories and stuff IN the Temple of Hashut and some have domiciles outside of it...

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

02-17-2007 09:32 AM
Fingol
Unregistered

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentFingol 02-19-2007

Magic is weird like that though, especially sorcery. Their life span would increased due to the nature of the magic they're using, but they wind up turning to stone. Tough to say...

02-19-2007 02:22 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentHashut's Blessing 02-19-2007

Basically, if it wasn't for the fact that the stone killed/imprisoned them at a young age (in comparison to death by old age  of othe CD), then they would live longer. Touch to say no more, my friend!

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

02-19-2007 05:15 PM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentXander 02-20-2007

They still live quite a long time from what I can tell.  But then, Dwarfs normally live for many many years.  What does the Dwarf army book say about a typical Dwarf's lifespan?

02-20-2007 02:14 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Revlid
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 191
Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentRevlid 02-20-2007

Typical Dwarf's Lifespan: 400 Years, although some Runelords are said to live longer.
Sorcerer Lord's Lifespan: 250 Years, roughly? I prefer the idea that they live about as long as a normal dwarf, but slowly lose their faculties, physical and mental, through the use of their dark magic that eventually turns them into stone.

On why they turn into stone: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.p...stcount=32

Madness? THIS IS... Well, maybe it isn't Sparta, but it's still pretty awesome.
Would you kindly comment on my Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs?
02-20-2007 11:37 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentXander 02-20-2007

That's a cool read, thanks.

02-20-2007 04:31 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentHashut's Blessing 02-20-2007

Cool. I had heard that it was where the magic (of I am guessing their "life-force") returned them to their natural form (and since Dwarfs are people of the earth, they change into stone). But, I prefer that version and think the one I read was fanfluff anyway.

WarplockMonkey Wrote:

02-20-2007 08:39 PM
Revlid
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 191
Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Periodic Request for enlightenmentRevlid 02-21-2007

Whereas this one, while not accepted, was by the author of Realms of Sorcerery and Liber Necris.

Madness? THIS IS... Well, maybe it isn't Sparta, but it's still pretty awesome.
Would you kindly comment on my Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs?
02-21-2007 06:40 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites